The Onn tablet is a practical choice that enables you to browse the web, check your email, and even perform some light computing. It can have some problems, and one of those problems is that occasionally it can freeze and not turn on.
Don’t worry if your Onn tablet won’t turn on. You’re not the only one! This is a common issue that many people experience.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most common causes of this problem and some of the things that you can do to fix it. Keep reading for more information!
Things you can try if your Onn tablet won’t turn on
The first thing that you should try if your Onn tablet won’t turn on is
Do a hard reset
- Simply press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
- If the device doesn’t power up, press and holds the power button and volume button for 30 seconds.
- If the LED indicator is still off after 10 minutes, move the wall charger to a different outlet to make sure the problem isn’t with the outlet.
- Disconnect the device from the wall charger, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- If it is still unresponsive, try using a different charger and follow the same steps mentioned above.
This will hard reset the tablet, and in most cases, the Onn tablet will turn on.
Do a power cycle
When your tablet won’t start, one of the first and most crucial things to attempt is to run a power cycle. Your tablet must have a removable battery for this to work. What you need to do is to
- Simply take out the battery from the tablet.
- Now press the power button for like 30 seconds.
- This will drain any power that was left in the device.
- Now put the battery back in and turn on your Onn tablet.
- Make sure your device is not connected while you perform a power cycle.
After replacing the battery, the gadget should operate normally. If not, try plugging it in and charging it for 15 minutes before using it.
If your tablet still won’t turn on, then there is some kind of technical problem with your tablet. Let’s look at some of the most common causes of this problem.
The failure of the battery is occasionally one of the problems that can prevent a gadget from starting. Batteries have a certain lifespan.
If you’ve been charging the battery more frequently than usual, it may be past its prime. Batteries can occasionally experience unexpected failure. Online battery replacement orders are available.
If your Onn tablet was dropped or otherwise physically damaged, it may have caused some internal damage to the device.
A little physical damage can often do a lot to harm your tablet and prevent it from turning on. Check the tablet carefully for physical blemishes and signs that it may have fallen.
Check the screen.
A broken screen can be one of the reasons your Onn tablet won’t turn on. Fortunately, it’s simple to determine whether the issue is with your screen.
Hold the power button down for 30 seconds to make sure your tablet is truly turning on, then give the boot process at least two minutes to finish.
Simply dial your own number now from a different device. If you hear your Onn tablet ring, then the problem is with the screen.
Onn tablet won’t turn on and won’t charge.
Hold down the power button on your device while pressing it. The power button should only need to be depressed for ten seconds, but you could need to hold it down for thirty seconds or more.
Your phone or tablet will lose power, which will force it to restart and resolve any hard freezes. If your Onn tablet still won’t turn on and won’t charge, you can try the following things:
- Use a different charger
- Charge the device for at least 30 minutes.
- Try a power cycle
If none of these things work, then there may be a problem with the battery or charging port.
How do I know if my charger port is damaged?
Signs Your Phone’s Charging Port is Damaged or Broken
- The phone charger port has broken pins. Similar to this, proper charging will not be possible if the pins inside the port are broken or bent.
- There is dirt inside the port.
- Other Devices Can Use The Same Adapter The cable and it works fine.
When you plug your phone charger in and it is loose, this means the connection is not good and the port might be damaged or dirty.
I hope you found this article informative. It does not matter what kind of tablet or device you have, if it is not turning on, the simplest thing that you should do before freaking out is to do a hard reset.
Depending on your device, it can be a bit different, but in most cases, all you have to do is simply hold the power button and the volume button for like 30 to 40 seconds.
Then you can try using a different cable or charger. If nothing works, you might have to get in touch with customer service.