Android TV is a great platform that offers many features and advantages over other options like Roku or Fire TV. Hisense TVs are some of the most popular Android TVs on the market.
If you have a Hisense TV, you may be wondering if it is possible to install Android TV on it. You are not alone. Since Hisense TVs are popular among people, a lot of people are asking the same question.
The answer is no. You cannot install Android TV on a Hisense TV if your Hisense TV does not have it. The only way to install Android TV on a Hisense TV is to buy a new Hisense TV that comes with Android TV.
In this blog post, we will further look at this topic and look at how you can confirm that Hisense TV has Android TV.
Can I install Android TV on Hisense?
You can not install Android TV on a Hisense TV. Either you have it on your Hisense TV, or you do not. The only way to install Android TV on a Hisense TV is to buy a new Hisense TV that comes with Android TV.
But even without Android TV, Hisense TV is still a good option. Along with its proprietary Vidaa OS smart TV platform, HiSense also offers a variety of Android TV and Roku TV models.
To maximize the use of your HiSense device and expand your streaming library, you can download and install apps.
However, since your Hisense TV only supports Roku or Vidaa, you’ll need to attach an Android-powered external streaming device to one of the HDMI ports if you still want to utilize Android.
Android-powered streaming devices include:
- Google Chromecast
- The Android TV box
- The Amazon Fire Stick
How can I tell if my Hisense TV is Android?
The easiest way to check if your Hisense TV is Android is to read the specifications. But here are some methods for figuring out whether or not your Hisense TV is powered by Android.
- Visit Hisense-usa.com to locate your TV model. ‘Type of TV’ can be found in the specifications. It will say “Yes, Android” if it is an Android Smart TV.
- Another option is to use the remote’s “home” button. The likelihood that your TV is running Android increases if you notice a clock or a settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Finally, you will have access to the Google “Play Store” if your TV is running the Android operating system. Both Google TV and Android TV have access to this, although Hisense TVs only have Android TV.
This is the easiest way to check. If your TV has a Playstore, that means Android is powering it. All Android TVs come with the Playstore installed on them.
Can I change the operating system on my Hisense TV?
If your Hisense TV is Android, you cannot change the operating system. If your Hisense TV is not Android, you can try to install Android TV on it.
On smart TVs, the operating system cannot be changed by the user. The hardware of a smart TV is designed to function with the system that came with it.
Although there are numerous workarounds for this developed by enthusiasts, users would still have to install additional hardware in order to switch the operating system.
How do I install an APK on my Hisense Smart TV?
To download APK on a Hisense smart TV, you will need to have some kind of USB or flash drive along with a computer. If you have these, just follow the steps below.
- Use your computer to begin by downloading the required APK file from a reliable source.
- Then, copy the apk file to a USB drive or a flash drive.
- Once done, attach the drive to the TV.
- Open File Manager on your Hisense TV and install the APK that you have copied onto the drive.
By following the steps above, you can easily install an APK on your Hisense smart TV.
How to tell which version of Android you’re running on a Hisense TV
The majority of Hisense TV models for 2023 use Android 10. But regardless of whether you have a more recent or older model, you can do the following to determine which version of Android your TV is using:
- On the remote control, select “Quick Settings,” then “Settings.” Alternately, use your remote’s “Home” button to choose “Settings.”
- Depending on the Android version you’re using, you’ll have to choose the next option. From within ‘Settings’, you can either select:
- System-> About-> Version
- Device Preferences-> About-> Version
- About-> Version
I hope you found this article helpful. In conclusion, you can not install Android TV on a Hisense TV if your Hisense TV does not support Android.
If your Hisense TV comes with a preinstalled Playstore, then it is an Android-powered TV. But you can use Android on your TV by attaching an Android-powered external streaming device to one of the HDMI ports.